Below is a listing of some great sites related to the field of Digital Forensics, eDiscovery, and Security:
Forensics and Incident Response Blogs
- Windows Incident Response Blog: Harlan Carvey’s incident response blog with tool listings, external links and book listings.
- SANS Computer Forensics Blog: Great resource for blog entries from individuals in the forensics community with a broad range of up to date topics.
- Metadatum Digital Forensics Blog: Kevin Stokes the brain-child– His awesome take on experiences with Digital Forensics.
- ZoltanDFW Blog: Zoltan Szabo of Richland College shares his vast knowledge in this blog.
- Hacking Exposed Blog: David Cowen’s spellbinding perspective into all aspects forensics.
- Inside The Core: Features podcasts related to analysis of Mac systems, Mac/Windows tools listings, and external links.
- MacForensicsLab: Features Mac forensics software for purchase, whitepapers/manuals, and external links.
- Apple Examiner: Features blog postings, Mac analysis information, tools, methodologies, and external links.
General Tools List
- Mandiant Tools
- Nirsoft Tools
- Sysinternals Windows Tools
- QCC Forensic Tools
- CGSecurity Tools
- McAfee Free Tools
Podcasts and Forums
- ForensicFocus: Digital Forensic forum with a wide array of resources.
- Forensic 4cast: Digital Forensics Podcast with Lee Whitfield.
- Krebs on Security: Security news and investigations with Brian Krebs.
- CyberSpeak: Computer Forensics podcasts.
- Richland College’s Amazing Forensic Program
- AccessData Resources
- EnCase Webinars
- Litigation Support Guru Blog
- My favorite online encoder/decoder